OUR RESIDENT VETERINARIAN
We are excited and proud to be the first in Tucson to offer the most comprehensive Equine Reproductive Facility. We have built a facility that allows us to maximize all options of breeding, rehabilitation and general veterinarian services. In addition, our resident veterinarian is on staff to assist with the veterinary care for our in-house clientele and within the community.
In February 2013, Dr. Alicia Lindholm joined Bandalero Ranch. Dr. Alicia Lindholm originally hails from Chelan, Washington, where she grew up on her family’s apple orchard. She is a 2008 graduate of the Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine. After graduating from veterinary school, Dr. Lindholm spent time in Central Kentucky as an ambulatory intern at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital. There she worked with several Thoroughbred breeding farms, managing mares for breeding as well as taking care of ill foals. After completion of her internship, she started a residency and Master’s degree program at Colorado State University Equine Reproduction Laboratory in equine reproduction. Upon completion of her residency in 2011, Dr. Lindholm sat and passed the Board Certifying Examination for the American College of Theriogenologists, thus earning Diplomate status in the ACT.
Dr. Lindholm is another example of Bandalero Ranch’s state of the art care. Specializing in general medicine and breeding management for mares and stallions, embryo transfer, foal care, and other aspects of equine reproduction. She is particularly interested in working with “problem” mares to help accomplish the breeding goals of their owners.
- General Veterinary Medicine
- Wellness Exams
- Lameness Examination
- Pre-Purchase Exams
- Diagnostic Lab Services
- Reproduction Services Mare & Stallion – details listed below
- Mare care ,foaling service and Foal Care
- Emergency Care
- Digital Radiographs & Ultrasound
- Endoscopic Exam- Esophagus, Up Airway, Guttural Pouches/Treatment
- Endoscopic Exam- Stomach
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Shockwave Therapy
- Additional Services, not listed
- Stallion standing at stud
- Stallion phantom training
- Computer Assisted Sperm analysis for accurate semen motility evaluation
- Semen collection and shipping, freezing of semen and storage
- Artificial Insemination with Fresh, Shipped Cooled and Frozen Semen
- Breeding Soundness Exams for stallions & mares
- Recipient Mares
- Embryo Transfer, Embryo freezing and frozen embryo transfer
- Mare care/foaling service
Individual nutritional supplementation is available at Bandalero Ranch. Together we can help you make well-informed decisions regarding equine supplementation for their daily wellness, performance, rehabilitation and breeding needs.